SkinPen Microneedling continues to gain popularity as the latest, non-surgical, minimally invasive cosmetic treatment for reducing facial imperfections. Microneedling is collagen induction therapy. Donna Krummen, MD FACS, endorses SkinPen as the latest microneedling technology for achieving a glowing, youthful facial profile. SkinPen is a device used to rejuvenate the skin for a younger facial profile that you can fall in love with.
SkinPen Microneedling Benefits
SkinPen is a tool designed to stimulate the skin’s natural ability to produce new collagen with no recovery time or major side effects. Collagen induction results in cell turnover and rejuvenation.
The production of new collagen creates healthier skin and is used to lessen the appearance of:
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Age spots
- Sun damage spots
- Fine lines
The benefits of SkinPen are accelerated by helping your skincare products penetrate the deep layers of skin as a further means of reducing the signs of aging.
SkinPen and Acne Treatment
SkinPen is known for its treatment of severe acne and scars.
The SkinPen Microneedling device produces extra collagen to encourage cell turnover by:
- Unclogging pores and helping acne medications be more effective
- Shrinking enlarged pores to prevent the overproduction of oil by the skin
- Replacing discolored skin cells scarred by acne by replacing dead, upper layer cells with new, healthy, young cells
SkinPen Procedure and Results
Before the procedure begins, you will be topically numbed with cream for comfort during treatment.
SkinPen Microneedling treatment lasts approximately 60 minutes and entails:
- The use of tiny needles to create microscopic injuries in the epidermis and dermis over the target areas of skin condition concern
- These microscopic injuries to the skin trigger the production of collagen and elastin to rejuvenate smoother, younger-looking skin
- Healthy skin cells are rejuvenated from the inside layers to the outer layers
The resulting goal is to achieve evenly toned, firm, and glowing skin. The number of SkinPen sessions a client needs will depend on the skin condition being treated and their desired result.
Try SkinPen Microneedling to Boost Your Self-Confidence
Schedule a SkinPen Microneedling consultation with Donna Krummen, MD FACS, at her Cincinnati, Ohio practice, by calling 513-985-0850.