If you are considering getting an arm lift, otherwise known as a brachioplasty, for a firmer, natural, and more well-defined look for your arms then you may have considered everything that goes into the procedure and are ready for the day of the treatment. However, while getting the arm lift is important, what you do after the procedure is just as important. Recovery can impact the results of your arm lift so you need to take it seriously and center your attention around recovery. An arm lift is recommended for anyone looking to get rid of excess skin between the elbow and underarm, creating a better proportioned look, and reshaping or reducing localized pockets of fat in the upper arm. If you’re ready to get your arm lift, keep reading to know what to do after it for the best results!
How Long Does Recovery Take For Arm Lift
Because an arm lift is a personalized procedure, the actual procedure can vary from person to person. Because of the variance in procedures, there is naturally a variety in the recovery times; however, you can expect recovery to take anywhere from one to four weeks.
Recovery Tips For Your Arm Lift
- Get Help From A Family Member
- Avoiding strenuous activity is important not just to the recovery process but also to not affect the results of the procedure.
- Without rest, your results can be affected or your recovery may take longer than needed!
- Stay Hydrated
- Dehydration can elongate your recovery, so it is important to keep drinking fluids.
- Limit Exercise Or Avoid It For The First Month
- After a procedure, it is important to give your body adequate rest time; even if you feel ready, it will be important to limit exercise until you’ve had your first postoperative appointment and check-in for the doctor to be able to assess your recovery.
Ready To Speak With Dr. Krummen?
An arm lift can be the procedure that helps you regain confidence and restore a youthful look to your arms. Now that you know a few tips on how to best bolster your recovery, it’s time to talk to Dr. Krummen to best understand the procedure and what can be done for you! Give us a call at 513-985-0850!