Plastic And Reconstructive Surgeon In Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Donna Krummen is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has been in solo private practice since 2000. She has been named one of Cincinnati’s top doctors every year since 2010. Patients have the benefit of her extensive professional training and experience, as well as her commitment to providing their care in a comfortable environment where safety and privacy are paramount. She is experienced in all areas of plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
Call 513.985.0850 today if you wish to schedule a consultation with Dr. Krummen at our Cincinnati office!
A Cincinnati native, Dr. Krummen received her bachelor’s degree from Xavier University and her medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. She advanced her training in surgery during an internship at the University of Cincinnati Hospital, a residency at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, and a fellowship at the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo.
Professional Experience and Associations
Dr. Krummen Is Affiliated With The American Society Of Plastic Surgeons
Dr. Krummen is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), an organization limited to those doctors who are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. ASPS Members must have extensive training and experience in all plastic surgery procedures, operate only in accredited medical facilities, adhere to a strict code of ethics, and fulfill continuing education requirements.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery – certified
- American Board of Surgery – certified
- American College of Surgeons – fellow
- American College of Surgeons, Ohio Chapter – member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons – member
- Cincinnati Academy of Medicine – member
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons – member
- Bethesda North Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Mercy Jewish Hospital
- Mercy West Hospital
- Mercy Fairfield Hospital
- Mercy Anderson Hospital
- The Christ Hospital
Why Choose Donna Krummen Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery?
"I never thought that having a surgery could be so good, but Dr. Krummen made it that way. She performed a breast reduction on me and even though I’m in some pain, the results will be worth it. Dr. Krummen is personable, professional, and patient. I can’t even describe the gratitude that I feel towards her for making this such an amazing experience for me starting with my very first consult. She held my hand in the OR as I was going to sleep, which shows how much she cares about all of her patients. I highly recommend her and all of her staff as her staff is just as wonderful as she is!"
What Is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is a term that is commonly used interchangeably with cosmetic surgery. It is important to discern between the two because there is only one board-certification that indicates a surgeon’s specific training and competence in surgical anatomy as it pertains to the appearance of the face and body. Proper board-certification with the American Board of Plastic Surgery implies that a surgeon has essential knowledge, surgical judgment, advanced technical skills, strong ethics, and relational skills to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
Cosmetic plastic surgery is the field in which we improve patients’ appearance. For some, this means refining the body’s contours. For others, it is correcting the signs of aging on the face. There are numerous cosmetic procedures that can be performed by a plastic surgeon to make a patient feel more comfortable and confident in their appearance.
What Types Of Procedures Can A Plastic Surgeon Perform?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons lists several common procedures performed by plastic surgeons. These include but aren’t limited to:
Am I A Good Candidate For Plastic Surgery?
Many people are interested in a specific plastic surgery procedure but may not be an ideal candidate at the time they seek treatment. For example, most healthy women are good candidates for a mommy makeover but only if they do not plan to become pregnant in the future.
Generally, good candidates for plastic surgery:
- Are in good physical health. Any surgical procedure places stress on the body. Chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes may inhibit safety or the ability to recover well from surgery. Therefore, patients undergo a thorough health assessment after their initial consultation for plastic surgery procedures.
- Are emotionally healthy. Plastic surgery can do a lot for the body and a person’s sense of confidence. However, patients mustn’t view cosmetic procedures as a “way out” of life situations or a panacea for the stresses of life.
- Have realistic expectations. In addition to understanding that plastic surgery will not provide self-confidence in the absence of a healthy self-image, patients also must be aware of what their chosen procedure can and cannot do. Plastic surgery is intended to improve upon appearance, not to make you look like someone else.
- Be committed to health. Certain habits, such as smoking, typically need to be stopped before a patient can safely undergo plastic surgery. To be a good candidate for a surgical procedure, smokers must be willing to quit at least 4 weeks before surgery and to refrain from tobacco use for at least 4 weeks after surgery
How Much Does Plastic Surgery In Cincinnati, OH Cost?
The cost of plastic surgery is rarely the same in every situation. This is because several factors influence the total amount of treatment. Estimates are provided during a thorough consultation, with consideration given to surgical fees (based on the surgeon’s training and experience), anesthesia fees, surgical center fees, and office visits. When you consult with Dr. Krummen about your cosmetic goals, you can expect to receive a breakdown of costs so you see exactly how your investment into yourself is allotted.