Body contouring is a popular concept and has been for many years. Before the days of nonsurgical interventions, liposuction ruled the roost in the area of fat-reduction. You may be surprised to learn that, even with nonsurgical treatment options, it still does. There are many reasons why. Liposuction is a minimally invasive treatment that provides significant improvement with one session. It can often be performed with local anesthesia and a mild sedative instead of general anesthesia. There is very little downtime associated with the procedure, with most patients ready to return to work and other light activities within a few days.
At this time of year, when we’re gradually shedding the layers of clothing that have covered us from head to toe for months, liposuction sounds good to a lot of folks. If you’re looking forward to feeling your best once we get treated to consistently warmer weather, you may want to know a few things about liposuction. Ultimately, our job is to provide the details and personal assistance our patients need to make the most informed and confident decision about their body-shaping journey.
Here are a few things you want to know as you consider the value of liposuction with an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.
- More than 250,000 liposuction procedures are performed in the United States each year. This trend has continued for several years.
- Liposuction does not help patients lose weight. The procedure is performed to remove fat in precise areas and create better contours and transitions from one part of the body to the next. You may not weigh less after liposuction, but we suspect you’ll love the way you look!
- The procedure is suitable for large and small areas. In addition to common areas like the buttocks, thighs, and abdomen, liposuction is also performed on the knees, backs of the arms, chin, bra rolls, and more.
- Many people combine liposuction with other procedures. This can be particularly advantageous when the skin has lost some of its natural elasticity. Tightening procedures like abdominoplasty or thigh lift accentuate smooth contours.
- There are few risks associated with liposuction because the procedure is minimally-invasive. Patients typically experience nothing more than temporary bruising and swelling. Comfort usually improves a lot in the first week after surgery.
Liposuction takes the stress out of endless dieting and exercise without optimal results. The habits that you have implemented to get the body of your dreams can help you sustain the gorgeous effects achieved through liposuction. Once fat is removed, it does not grow back.
One procedure may be all it takes to get the lasting results you want. To learn more, schedule your liposuction consultation at our Cincinnati office. Call 513.985.0850 today.