Are You Considering Laser Hair Removal? Here’s What You Should Know!
- Posted on: Oct 30 2021
Sweater weather is not too far off. With most of our summer heat behind us, why would we be talking about laser hair removal? This is the treatment people often start to think about right before summer, isn’t it? When they are looking forward to showing off their legs, arms, or other areas where unwanted hair may grow? Yes, laser hair removal is often considered as a pre-summer treatment. The thing is, now is the best time to start this process. Laser hair removal takes time, so why not get the whole series of treatments over and done before you want to don those shorts or tank tops again? Also, laser treatments can create light sensitivity, making the fall and winter months ideal for the most comfortable treatment recovery.
If you’re curious about laser hair removal, we have a few details you may want to know.
- Treatments take only a little while. Depending on your selected treatment area, laser hair removal appointments may take up to an hour. For the most part, newer laser devices are completing the treatment sessions in thirty minutes or less, though. And, after your appointment, you can go right back to most of your normal activities (just don’t hop into a hot tub or steaming shower right away).
- Results are long lasting. We can’t say that laser hair removal permanently disables every last hair follicle in the treatment area. There’s too much data that suggests otherwise. That said, laser hair removal does achieve outstanding results that can last a very long time. Some patients notice a few hairs growing here and there after some time. This could be a few months, it could be a few years. Everyone is different. When hair does grow back, it’s nothing that a touch-up laser treatment can’t fix.
- Historically, laser hair removal was known for its painful sessions. Times have changed, and so has technology. Today, laser devices are swift in their action on hair follicles. As long as you shave the day before your treatment, it is unlikely that you’ll feel anything other than some warmth and maybe a few zapping sensations.
- Sun protection is essential. Even in the midst of winter, it may be necessary to apply SPF 30 sunscreen after getting laser hair removal. The general rule is, if the sun’s out, sunscreen is on. This is necessary because the skin can become light-sensitive during the laser hair removal process, making it more prone to sunburn.
- Start in winter, be done by summer! Most people need at least 3 laser hair removal sessions to achieve lasting results. Many schedule 6 or more. Each session is scheduled 4 to 6 weeks apart, so starting now is a great way to be done by summer. That’s not to say you’ll have to wait until summer to see smoother, sexier skin. Your very first treatment will obliterate hair follicles, making hair growth sparse and thin as it gradually lessens.
Schedule your laser hair removal treatment today. Contact our Cincinnati office at 513.985.0850.
Posted in: Laser Hair Removal